My Virtual Home Forums

Error downloading patch from MyVirtualHome server

Discuss Installation and update issues.

Moderator: Debdenewbie

Re: Error downloading patch from MyVirtualHome server

Postby Mikkel Adrian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:13 am

Helo, My name is Mikkel. I had the same problem, so I downloaded the file from the drop box link and unpacked it. I did this on two computers, and I had the same problem on two computers. The Start button get's another color, but when I press it this message comes up:
"MyVirtualHome is unable to start. This may be because MY virtual home was installed by an Administrator and this is an non-Adrministrator Accont. I know this is not the problem cause all the acconts are Administrator on computer 1 and I am the Administrator on pc 2.

Do you know how I can fix this, I realy want this program!

"Mabie I did not install and unpack the sipped mad from dropbox correctly. Pleace make the pickture description you mentioned."
And lastly, if this is not the case, what is?

Thanks, for future fast reply, and I hope My english is good enougth to be understood.
Mikkel Adrian

Postby Mikkel Adrian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 am

PS: I've tryed to restart the computer.
Mikkel Adrian

Postby Mikkel Adrian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm

I,ve delited the file on one of my computers and reinstalled it, this time I run it as an administrator and I't worked.
Mikkel Adrian

Postby anniesting » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi, I'm only new but l'm getting this message as well. "Currently MyVirtualHome is updating from version 3.0.4875 to version 3.0.4907." Error message: "Error downloading patch from MyVirtualHome server. Check your internet connection and try again." But according to the test everything is ok.
I tried deleting the berkelium file and that didn't work, now l want to know more about this "dropbox" thing, how does it work and can it help me.

Thanks
Annie
anniesting

Postby addybam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I am having problems downloading the software too. I had version 2 and it was trying to run an automatic update to version 3 when it stopped halfway and the message "Error downloading patch from MVH server" came up. Tried it again. It says to check my internet connection but that is working fine. I am using Parallels Desktop on a Mac which was working for version 2.

I emailed MVH for support more than a week ago but there's been no response. None of the phone numbers online for them in Brisbane and Sydney seem to be working either. I even called National Directory and they had no listing for MVH in Sydney or Brisbane.
addybam

Postby mjbarrow » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi All, I had the exact same problem with update 4907 failing to download. I downloaded the install image from dropbox and it now works perfectly. During my many attempts to download update 4907 I noticed that it consistently failed almost exactly 10 minutes after starting. My guess is that something somewhere is timing out before the download completes on slow Internet connections.
mjbarrow

Postby albertnoisier » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Same problem and I have tried everything.
Running on a Windows Vista ultimate I have started from scratch (Having Version 3.02 installed by default)
When I started the program wanted to upgrade to 3.0.4907 ? After a while I do get the message of Error downloading.
I deleted at suggested the berkelium.DLL (Not EXE) .nothing !!
Ran as administrator : Same result, the program wants to upgrade !! (It always stops at the same point)

I have also downloaded and start as new on a Windows 8 Ultimate and I do get the exact same problem

I have sent an email to "support@myvirtualhome.zendesk.com" No answer at all.

Is it possible to download the latest myvirtualhome at version 3.0.4097. Then no need to upgrade ?

It is very sad not to be able to use this great application
Albert
albertnoisier

Postby albertnoisier » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 am

Could anyone provide me with a link to the latest release of MVH.
Whatever I download requires an upgrade to version 3.0.4907. Then it stops with "error cause by internet connection"

Thanks
albertnoisier

Postby albertnoisier » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 am

Mikkel Adrian wrote:Helo, My name is Mikkel. I had the same problem, so I downloaded the file from the drop box link and unpacked it. I did this on two computers, and I had the same problem on two computers. The Start button get's another color, but when I press it this message comes up:
"MyVirtualHome is unable to start. This may be because MY virtual home was installed by an Administrator and this is an non-Adrministrator Accont. I know this is not the problem cause all the acconts are Administrator on computer 1 and I am the Administrator on pc 2.

Do you know how I can fix this, I realy want this program!

"Mabie I did not install and unpack the sipped mad from dropbox correctly. Pleace make the pickture description you mentioned."
And lastly, if this is not the case, what is?

Thanks, for future fast reply, and I hope My english is good enougth to be understood.

What are the steps to download from drop box ?
I have it installed.
albertnoisier

Postby albertnoisier » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:18 am

andrew wrote:Hi all,

I don't know why it's not patching in your case. I can't replicate the problems here. I don know that some internet security systems say that they are disabled when in fact they aren't. Computer Associates is like this.

However there is another solution.

I have archived and uploaded a patched copy of MyVirtualHome to the dropbox. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/362034/MyVirtualHome_Installed.zip

Download this and unpack it. You can unpack it to...

* your program files directory if you like (overwriting your partial install) OR
* another place on your hard drive (eg your desktop). If you do this you'll need to set up a shortcut to MVHLauncher.exe to run it.

NOTE - you need to install the software first for this to work. ie install software, then download and unpack this file. The installer sets some things up that MVH needs.

As usual if you don't understand these instructions please don't try to follow them.

Regards,
Andrew

What are the steps to follow to download files from drop box ?
albertnoisier

PreviousNext

Return to Installation, updates and other problems