My Virtual Home Forums

Can't start MyVirtualHome

Discuss Installation and update issues.

Moderator: Debdenewbie

Can't start MyVirtualHome

Postby TigerTwoStep » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:22 pm

I launched MyVritualHome from the Program menu, and the "Welcome to MyVirtualHome v3.0.2" screen appeared. I clicked on Start, but I got this error message after a long wait: "Unable to start MyVirtualHome. Some files that are required to run may be missing. Please verify you are connected to the Internet. If you are connected and this message appears, the server may down for maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes." My Internet connection is fine. Do you know why I can't connect to the server?
TigerTwoStep

Re: Can't start MyVirtualHome

Postby rebekahchapman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Im also getting this problem. I uninstalled program and installed it again - now i dont even get the welcome to myvirtualhome welcome message - it is just a white background with message "backend server did not respond in time. App server is too busy to handle requests at this time." If i press the start button there is then a long wait and i get the same message as you did about being unable to start myvirtualhome....verify you are connected to the internet....." My internet connection is fine. I was only using it 2 days ago and everything worked fine now nothing....
any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Bek
rebekahchapman

Postby Shifty » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:09 am

rebekahchapman wrote:Im also getting this problem. I uninstalled program and installed it again - now i dont even get the welcome to myvirtualhome welcome message - it is just a white background with message "backend server did not respond in time. App server is too busy to handle requests at this time." If i press the start button there is then a long wait and i get the same message as you did about being unable to start myvirtualhome....verify you are connected to the internet....." My internet connection is fine. I was only using it 2 days ago and everything worked fine now nothing....

This is happening to me also, I tried to run the program for the first time, and this is all I get. After looking around on the Forums/Net I have done everything people have suggested in Regards to disabling Firewall and Antivirus.
Would Really Love to use this program but cant get it to run at all.
HELP!! :o)
Shifty

Postby phixo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Shifty wrote:
rebekahchapman wrote:Im also getting this problem. I uninstalled program and installed it again - now i dont even get the welcome to myvirtualhome welcome message - it is just a white background with message "backend server did not respond in time. App server is too busy to handle requests at this time." If i press the start button there is then a long wait and i get the same message as you did about being unable to start myvirtualhome....verify you are connected to the internet....." My internet connection is fine. I was only using it 2 days ago and everything worked fine now nothing....

This is happening to me also, I tried to run the program for the first time, and this is all I get. After looking around on the Forums/Net I have done everything people have suggested in Regards to disabling Firewall and Antivirus.

This appears to be a system server issue requiring Admin to review & reset. I wouldn't adjust your MVH installations, Firewalls etc. I don't think this is a local (user) problem. We need to wait this out.
phixo

Postby Shifty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am

phixo wrote:
Shifty wrote:

This appears to be a system server issue requiring Admin to review & reset. I wouldn't adjust your MVH installations, Firewalls etc. I don't think this is a local (user) problem. We need to wait this out.

Ok Excellent, Thanks for the reply!
Shifty

Postby Washout77 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:35 am

phixo wrote:
Shifty wrote:

Hi Phixo,
How long does it usually take for admin to take action in these matters? I am meant to be getting a draftsmen around this week to be looking at my floorplan ( which i have foolishly not printed out or taken a snapshot)!!!
Thanks in advance for your reply!!

Ben
Washout77

Postby larnypond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 am

Hi,

I am also getting a white background with message "backend server did not respond in time.
Admin are you able to let us know how long until MVH is back up and running? TIA
larnypond

Postby phixo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:24 am

Good news all - the team have restarted the servers and...a big thanks to "AH", have also got HomeShare uploads working. Thoroughly test though before you "put your house on it"!

Happy "vuilding" all!
phixo

Postby Washout77 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:28 am

phixo wrote:Good news all - the team have restarted the servers and...a big thanks to "AH", have also got HomeShare uploads working. Thoroughly test though before you "put your house on it"!

Happy "vuilding" all!

Thanks to all concerned. Just tried to run it, but alas, no luck. Get past "Start" screen now, but never get to sign in page due to "Backend Server" issue again.
Hmmm, interesting.
Cheers;
Ben
Washout77

Postby phixo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 am

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that the error was at the "DNS" level - that's a bit like a postie not being able to deliver the
mail because he doesn't have the right address. I'm on Bigpond & have access now, it may take a little longer for all providers to get the address & deliver the mail so to speak.

Give it a little longer Ben.

phixo

Washout77 wrote:
phixo wrote:Good news all - the team have restarted the servers and...a big thanks to "AH", have also got HomeShare uploads working. Thoroughly test though before you "put your house on it"!

Happy "vuilding" all!

Thanks to all concerned. Just tried to run it, but alas, no luck. Get past "Start" screen now, but never get to sign in page due to "Backend Server" issue again.
Hmmm, interesting.
Cheers;
Ben
phixo

Next

Return to Installation, updates and other problems